You probably have heard of or even tried joints at least once in your life, but have you ever thought of juicing cannabis leaves? Much like the kale in your salad, raw cannabis also holds its own a natural superfood! It contains unique cannabinoid acids and high levels of terpenes that can offer several health benefits.
Rather than smoking weed or munching on a bowl of acrid leaves, why not make a tasty and refreshing beverage? Can you blend weed in a smoothie? Yes, you can! After juicing some leaves or buds, add more nourishing fruits and vegetables for a healthier drink!
Before you start preparing a raw cannabis smoothie, learn more about the benefits of juicing in general, and see why cannabis can be a great addition to your regular diet.
Why Start Juicing?
Juicing allows you to squeeze all the vitamins and minerals from your favorite fruits and vegetables! Start juicing soon to enjoy the following benefits:
1. More Vitamins and Minerals in Your Diet
Juicing can provide the body a healthy source of vitamins and minerals that could otherwise be lacking in your diet. Some fruits and vegetables are not palatable. Juicing them to make a smoothie can be a fun way to incorporate them into your regular diet. This way, you are less likely to miss any nutrients your body needs!
2. Increased Energy Levels
Most of us drink coffee early in the morning to start our day. But are you concerned that you’ve been relying on caffeine too much to get that extra energy boost? Worry not! There are several healthier alternatives. Did you know that B vitamins can also help increase your energy levels? These vitamins are abundant in beets, citrus fruits, leafy greens, ginger, and more! Feel more energized getting these B vitamins into your system fast through juicing.
3. Protection Against Diseases
Getting enough vitamins and minerals is important in boosting your immune system. Green juices, specifically, can help decrease the level of toxins in your body. The phytochemicals in your juice can dissolve free radicals, which put many people at a higher risk of diseases, including diabetes, high blood pressure, heart conditions, and more.
4. Less Inflammation
Are you suffering from pain or inflammation of any kind? Juicing can help! Consuming fruits and darker, leafy green vegetables will help nourish your body with vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant. Get the upper hand on inflammation.
Juicing is a fun, tasty way to keep your diet full of nutrient-dense fruits and vegetables. Need a reset? Fresh juices can help cleanse the body. It’s a great way to jump start your detox and more!
Why Add Raw Cannabis to Your Diet?
Cannabinoid acids in raw cannabis are known as THCA and CBDA. Both have wonderful effects on the body compared to their decarboxylated counterparts.
THCA does not produce any psychoactive effects because of its weak action on the CB1 receptors. That makes juicing safe and you can drink as much as you like! Early studies also suggest that CBDA can promote serotonin receptor activation, which elevates mood.
Raw cannabis is also rich in aromatic terpenes. These give weed strains their unique taste and smell. Terpenes work synergistically with cannabinoids to boost their effects. However, they degrade easily when heated. Consuming raw cannabis guarantees higher levels of these tasty and pleasant-smelling compounds.
How to Juice Raw Cannabis?
Extract all the cannabinoids, terpenes, and other phytochemicals from your cannabis. Here are some tips:
- Roll up the leaves. If you have a juicer that uses centrifugal force, roll all the leaves into tight cylinders, passing them through the machine.
- Add some fruits and vegetables. Chop up some of your favourite fruits and vegetables. It is best if you can add some with higher water content like watermelon, cucumbers, apples, and more.
- Invest in a wheatgrass juicer. If you are thinking of making juicing or cannabis smoothies part of your regular diet, invest in a wheatgrass juicer. This appliance works at lower temperatures and uses a press to extract the juice well, as opposed to centrifugal force.
Easy Raw Cannabis Smoothie Recipe
Now that you’ve learned about the benefits of juicing raw cannabis leaves and how to do it, it’s time to learn an easy but tasty raw cannabis smoothie recipe!
- 15 grams of raw cannabis leaves or flowers
- Parsley without the stalks
- Spinach leaves
- 1 large ripe avocado without the skin and seed
- 600 ml of freshly squeezed apple juice
- Lemon juice
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- A pinch of hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons of baobab powder
- 2 tablespoons of green superfood complex
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Make sure all the seeds, skin, and stalks are removed
- Add all the ingredients in the blender
- Blend away!
Easy, isn’t it? All of these ingredients are easy to find! When blended, they can create a creamy and fresh, cannabinoid-rich smoothie that is not only delicious but also high in energy and far healthier than your average coffee!
If you are looking for a Keystone, Colorado dispensary where you can get high-quality raw cannabis leaves for juicing, check our nearby store – Altitude Organic Cannabis. We have a variety of products to choose from!