With all the CBD edibles and products advertised everywhere, you must be wondering what they are and what they do.
Well, lucky for you, we are here to talk about everything you need to know about CBD edibles and how to make your own!
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is one of the most potent ingredients of cannabis. It is the main component of medical marijuana and is usually extracted from the hemp plant, a plant similar to marijuana.
Despite being related to marijuana, research shows that CBD does not cause a “high” to humans. It does not show any effect that indicates abuse and dependence on the component. There aren’t any health-related cases associated with the use of CBD to date.
Is CBD Legal?
Since it is proven that CBD does not have negative side effects on the human body, it can easily be acquired in different parts of the United States. All 50 states have laws defining and legalizing CBD, but the government still considers it as the same class as marijuana, so there are some restrictions against it. Sometimes it can be a little confusing as to where CBD stands in legality, but it all actually depends on where you live.
Benefits of CBD Edibles
CBD has helped with a lot of health issues, but here are some of the most promising CBD edibles effects:
- Treating seizures and epilepsy
- Reduce anxiety
- Treat insomnia
- Reduce inflammation and pain
CBD Snacks and Edibles
There have been a lot of delicious and healthy CBD snacks available in certain stores, and you can create your own, too!
Making your own food that is marijuana-based is a very useful way to spend less than those who buy ready-made edibles in the stores. It is also the perfect way to make the treats you like contain the right amount of CBD for you.
CBD edibles can be a great addition to your healthy diet, especially because CBD oil is rich with Omega-3 and amino acid. It can also help with relaxation and is best for those people who have food limitations or are just picky eaters.
Making Your Homemade CBD Edibles
For easier infusion, CBD is commonly combined into oil-based products. To start with creating your own, choose between buying CBD oil or make your own CBD-based butter or oil.
Here is how you can make your own CBD oil:
- Prepare a cup of any oil of your choosing, and 14g of your CBD buds
- Grind the CBD buds and put it aside on a container along with the oil
- Place the container in a pot of boiling water, and leave it there for about 3 hours, constantly adding water to boil
- After 3 hours, retrieve the container from the pot and leave it for another 3 hours to cool
- Repeat the process for about two days
- Once you have your oil completely mixed with the CBD, use a cheesecloth to completely extract the oil from the mixture
- Natural oils are sensitive to heat and light, so always keep it in a dark container in a cool area
Now that you have your oil, you can start making your own CBD snacks. CBD oil is extremely flexible and can be added to absolutely anything.
Here is a list of all the treats and snacks you can add CBD oil to:
- Add CBD infused butter to your toast and popcorn
- Use the oil as an addition to your salad dressings and pasta
- Use the oil for baking chips and or as an addition to roasted vegetables
- Add the butter to your brownies and cookies
- Include it when you are making creamy and savory sauces when cooking meat
- Add it to your daily smoothie and fruit shakes
- Add some CBD oil to your alcoholic drinks and even to your homemade brews
There are a lot of ways to add CBD to your everyday snacks and treats. Always be creative and explore the possibilities!
Where Can I Get CBD Edibles?
CBD is safe and has a lot of benefits to the human body. CBD edibles’ effects are mostly positive, making it a perfect addition to your diet to help with medical issues. Making your own CBD oil and edibles is a good choice because you can add it to any treats and snacks you prefer.
However, you must be thinking that making your own CBD infused oil can be a lot of work. Well, there is no need to worry because there are a lot of CBD edibles for sale in local and online stores.
Altitude Organic Cannabis is a licensed store located in Colorado Springs. You can buy a lot of different CBD products from our store that can be mixed with your food or used to top your delicious treats. You can come visit our store or buy online with our hassle-free transactions.
If you are looking for a dispensary near Frisco, CO, Altitude Organic Cannabis can be your long-term partner for all your CBD needs. You will soon find yourself healthier and happier when you use our CBD products to treat your stress, anxiety, sore muscles, and more.